Addictive's Reviews > Lord of Temptation

Lord of Temptation by Lorraine Heath

4001944
Sep 19, 12

Lorraine Heath, to me is a master at writing historical romance. Ever since reading London’s Greatest Lover’s series I have been in awe of her work and her current series, Lost Lords of Pembrook is no different.

The first book, She Tempts the Duke set the plot for the series; three young children whose father has just been murdered by his brother, their uncle and now the three brothers are in a fight for their very lives. And they would have died if not for the heroine of the first book. I fell in love with the lost lords when they came back after years of struggle to reclaim what was rightfully theirs to begin with, they all came back with wounds and scars from the life they had led.

The second book, Lord of Temptation deals with the second son Tristan Easton now known as Crimson Jack on the high seas. After the three brothers were rescued from their imprisonment each of them had gone their separate ways, Tristan had taken; none to willingly to a life on the seas taking the name of Jack to disguise his heritage and having the name Crimson tacked on because it seemed he was always meeting the end of a rope on his backside for fighting among the crew.

Lady Anne Hayworth is the first woman that Tristan meets from his old life that he feels strongly for. And as for Anne, well she just needs to gain passage to her fiancées final resting spot to say goodbye once and for all. The minute Tristan meets Anne; he knows he will bed her before his ship makes land, as for Anne she is fighting her attraction to Tristan since her heart is already taken by her fiancée who is buried.

Lord of Temptation was eagerly awaited and richly devoured. I loved Crimson Jack/Tristan Easton, I love the plotline. Anne’s and Tristan’s story was so intense. I just can’t wait for Rafe’s story; I just know it will be the best of them.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of Temptation.