Marissa (Rae Gun Ramblings)'s Reviews > Fragments

Fragments by Dan Wells

Sep 18, 2012

bookshelves: review-wish-list, so-excited-sequels
Read from January 13 to 31, 2013

Fragments picks right up where Partials left off. You jump straight into the action. Kira, Marcus and the rest of the crew that I grew to love are back but they find themselves separated. There is little communication between the groups yet they are all working toward the same goal and it it so fun to see how the work Marcus's team compliments what Kira is up to. While like the first one the romance is kept to a minimum, there is one of my favorite couple-y lines of dialogue in this book. Like with the first book it took me a little time to be sucked in but once that happened I was hooked.

The story unfolds giving us even more of Samm who is mostly a mystery to us at the end of the first book but if you are anything like me you wanted to know more. Don't worry we get A LOT of Samm. And surprisingly Heron plays a bigger role. I would have never guessed but I ended up loving Heron. Not that I was ever quite sure what side she was on, her sass and cold but comical ways had me laughing throughout the book.

I'm not going to lie this one was a little stressful. Between juggling the crazy political climate, learning how deep and complicated the history of RM and the Partials went I found myself reading until early in the morning and wired from all the craziness. And yes we get even more of the awesome science fiction but surprising to me I even found myself tear up. There are many surprises as the next installment of this story unfolds. I definitely recommend it.

I received an advance copy for review but this review is 100% my honest opinion

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fragments.

Tanya Give me

Gabe Finished this a few weeks ago and LOVED it. Open ending (as always) drove me nuts. Did Dan Wells give ANY inclination as to how soon we can expect #3?