Simon's Reviews > The Rum Diary: The Long Lost Novel

The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson

Nov 19, 12

Read from September 19 to 26, 2012, read count: 1

I got this book from the Library through an inter-library Loan so I had no more than 3 weeks to read it. Lucky for me it was a fast read. It was at first really hard to pinpoint what things were supposed to look like. I was having trouble, but I soon just nailed down places in my mind and used them as basis of images to go in the way of what things looked like and how they went about with the story and the characters.

The plot was good and I found their drunken adventures terrifying thrilling just because I am seeing myself in their shoes. While I am not a crazed drunk American, I still find the idea of being locked in Jail after a brawl to be an unnerving experience.

Upon finishing the book I still cannot come to the conclusion on if it is fictitious or a memoir. I do however find that mystery a nice way to wrap up the tale's experience.

Will I ever watch the movie? Maybe. It is because of the movie I learned their was an existence of a book, but I never have watched the movie or even the full trailer as of November 19, 2012 which is the day I type this review, even though I finished the book exactly two months previous. Just got side tracked.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rum Diary.

09/19/2012 page 45