Nancy's Reviews > Shark Bait

6262033
Oct 08, 12

bookshelves: my-ebooks, 2012-reads, favorite-contemporary, unforgettable
Read from October 04 to 08, 2012

This is the work of a genius!

This book is AMAZING!! Such a fun read, I freaking love it!

Photobucket

What girls haven't schemed in order to obtain the attention of their future husbands?

We have Camie the sweet, witty, intellectual genius. Who after being home-schooled her whole life, gets thrown into the shark tank, meaning High School. Upon arrival she lays eyes on Tristan, the hot, popular guy.

"Hmmm... a smokin' guy who's both popular and nice? When I get home I think I'll check the weather channel to see if they're ice-skating in hell."

And even though she feels an instant connection to him, he doesn't seem to notice her.

"... so I'm not feeling the love from Tristan right now either. Maybe he's shy? Yeah, lets go with that."

I loved all the characters, they were a breath of fresh air.
We have Kate, who is there to offer a helping hand in order to land the shark, with her "uncanny perception and cognitive abilities." Guys, she's basically Yoda here. Very wise, I wish I had a friend like her. "Dear Jeff" who at first comes off as the resident douchebag, but is really full of surprises. Miss Jillian, Camie's younger sister and "criminal mastermind!" how did Camie put it? Similar to Artemis Fowl. Lol I love her.

"Hey Jillian. I see you're brushing up on your vengeance plots."

Lot's of interesting things going on, aside from the first love situation, we also have nasty girls trying to steal your man!

"... I'm being kind of catty, but I really don't like this girl. First off, she was inebriated herself when she hit on my soul mate."

It was interesting to see the characters deal with certain situations in their own way. Not once did I find myself irritated or complaining about what was going on, and that hardly happens.

This book... *sighs* I just loved it, it was funny, sweet, snarky, hot, passionate. I can't say much without ruining it, but it was such a great surprise. OMG and the playlist was awesome as well, and the fact that most of them seemed to be Buffy fans just sealed the deal!! Very glad I read it, and CANNOT wait for the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shark Bait.

10/04/2012
10/05/2012
22.0% "Omg! I love this! This is freaking genius! lol"
show 2 hidden updates…