Stephanie's Reviews > Breed

Breed by Chase Novak

Sep 22, 12

bookshelves: adult, arcs, favorites, my-library, mystery-suspense-read
Read from September 18 to 22, 2012

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this novel from the publisher in exchange for an honest and unbiased review.

My Summary: Alex and Leslie's relationship was always strong. They were happily married for years, and even the age difference couldn't make a dent in their blissfully happy lives.

That is, until the couple began wishing for a child. After years of trying with no success, Alex and Leslie begin to look into unorthodox methods, with disastrous results.

Ten years later, the Twisdens have everything they could ever have wanted: a pair of lovely twins, perfect in every way. But something is not quite right in the Twisden house, and the twin fleeing sparks a string of events that will call into question everything - especially how far people are willing to go for a child of their own.

My Thoughts: Wow. Just... wow. I was struck speechless at the end of this novel, unable to put my thoughts into words for quite some time. Going into Breed, I had no idea what to expect. I've always been an avid fan of sci-fi, but this didn't seem like your run-of-the-mill sci-fi novel. Regardless, I dove in head-first.

And I loved every minute of it.

I devoured (ha!) every page, staying up well into the night to squeeze in any extra pages. Novak's style of narration was perfect for this eerie novel, revealing little tidbits of information at the perfect moments. I loved the dark, creepy atmosphere. Actually, I loved the whole book.

Final Thoughts: I definitely recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys darker, creepier novels. Chase Novak has found a fan in me - I can't wait until his next novel is released. Seriously. I'm expecting nothing short of perfection!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breed.