Kelly's Reviews > The Dream Hunter

251943
May 07, 13

bookshelves: read-in-2010, paranormal-romance, physical-books, read-in-2013
Read on May 07, 2013, read count: 3

Hmm... okay. I'm going to admit it - this has never been one of my favorite books in the series. And I think my disconnect lies in the beginning. It's slow. Things don't pick up until Solin and Arik start slinging verbal barbs at one another and Arik's all O.O SHINY THINGS ARE SHINY in the mortal world.

Now, I'm not saying that I hate this book. I really don't. I like the foundation that's laid out for later books in the Dream-Hunter cycle. I like that we're seeing aspects of the D-H world that we haven't seen before. I like that Apollymi gets to flex her muscles a little.

It's just not my favorite.

I think this is one of those times where there's so much going on in the background (Apollymi's story, how the Dark-Hunters fit in with everything here, the build up to things happening in later books with the Dream-Hunters, even how this story and these characters fit in down the line) that Arik and Geary's story almost gets drowned out. Honestly, the repercussions to some of the things that are revealed in this book are HUGE. BIG! GINORMOUS!

So while this isn't my favorite, I do think it's pivotal to later happenings in the overall arc. THINGS HAPPEN HERE, PEOPLE. Things you need to know about. The romance isn't a dud, either. It's just... I don't know. I DON'T KNOW. I like parts of the book. I'm iffy on parts of the book. I like that some of the things that happen here mean for characters down the line.

It's still not my favorite, though.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dream Hunter.

05/06/2013 marked as: currently-reading