Sarah's Reviews > The Sea of Tranquility

bookshelves: favorites, love, black-shit-cry
Read from September 20 to 21, 2012

10 STARS!!

WOW

This book was truth within silence.

I can't express how much I love this book.

Please go and buy this book, you won't be sorry!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sea of Tranquility.

Quotes Sarah Liked

Katja Millay
“My phone is on my bed, whispering in my ear like a bottle of scotch to a recovering alcoholic, while the rain continues cackling at me through my window”

Katja Millay
“I'd watch her, amazed at just how much a person could accomplish fueled by tea and regret.”

Katja Millay
“People like to say love is unconditional, but it's not, and even if it was unconditional, it's still never free. There's always an expectation attached. They always want something in return. Like they want you to be happy or whatever and that makes you automatically responsible for their happiness because they won't be happy unless you are ... I just don't want that responsibility.”

Katja Millay
“People who go around advertising their birthdays are douchebags. It's a fact. You can look it up on Wikipedia.”

Katja Millay
“Wonderful. Last night's dinner, the charred remains of my dignity, and apparently, now, my undergarments, too. What else did I leave on Josh Bennett's bathroom floor?”

Katja Millay
“Daylight won’t protect you from anything. Bad things happen all the time; they don’t wait until after dinner”

Katja Millay
“His hands are miracles. I can watch them for hours, transforming wood into something it never dreamed of being.”

Katja Millay
“I reach up to brush my hair back out of my eyes so I can look around and attempt to determine what the hell is going on. The only three things that I know for certain took place last night are that one -- small elves climbed up my body and tied my hair into a mass of tiny knots, two -- I must have slept with my mouth open because something crawled into it and died and three -- I was sucked through a vortex into some animated world where an anvil was dropped on my head.”

“Good morning, Sunshine.”

“What’d you wish?”
“I can’t tell you that!” I say indignantly.
“Why not?”
“Because it won’t come true.” Do I really need to say this? I’m pretty sure it’s a given in wish situations.
“Bullshit.”
“It’s the rule,” I insist.
“It’s only the rule with birthday cakes and shooting stars, not pennies in fountains.”

Katja Millay
“It’s not stupid to want to see her again.”

Katja Millay
“What about Josh?” I think there’s more to that question than she’s letting on but she’s testing the waters. Salvation, I write. She looks at the word and nods. And for a minute she looks as sad as I feel.
“That fits, I think.”

Katja Millay
“I think you and I both know it’s Josh who needs saving. Have a good time tonight.”

Katja Millay
“He's kissing me. And when he does, part of me is lost. But it's the part that's twisted and mangled and wrong, and for just that moment, with his hands in my hair and his lips on my mouth, I can pretend that it never existed.”

Katja Millay
“And maybe I'm a liar and I do need it, because being kissed by Josh Bennet is kind of like being saved. It's a promise and a memory of the future and a book of better stories.”

Katja Millay
“And as much as I'm telling her to stay here, I still want her to choose to come with me. To say fuck sanity and healing and closure. To say that I am the only thing she needs to be well and whole and alive. But we both know that's not true.”

Katja Millay
“What? Sunshine fits you. It's bright and warm and happy. Just. Like. You.”

Katja Millay
“Josh isn’t in love with me and I’m not in love with him.”
“Sell it to someone who’s buying, Sunshine. Have you seen the way he looks at you?” I’ve seen the way he looks at me but I don’t know what it means. “Like you’re a seventeenth-century, hand-carved table in mint condition.”

Katja Millay
“Call me Sunshine again, and I will murder you, cocksucker.”

09/20/2012
12.0% ""Sarah. I smiled. I couldn’t help but appreciate the absolute perfection of the name; bland, common, and wholly unoriginal. Best of all, it means princess."

Love this line! Pretty good so far! Why are Joshua and Nastya anti- social?"
09/20/2012
46.0% "Can I just say I love Josh!! Drew makes me laugh... Nastya... I want to hug you, even if you don't like it!"
09/21/2012
57.0% "“I wished my mother was here tonight, which is stupid, because it’s an impossible wish.” He shrugs and turns to me, drowning the smile that cracks me every time. “It’s not stupid to want to see her again.” “It wasn’t so much that I wanted to see her again,” he says, looking at me with the depth of more than seventeen years in his eyes. “I wanted her to see you.”

Like I said.... I want a Josh"
09/21/2012
57.0% "Damnit Josh! *^%&%$$^$##@#^*"
09/21/2012
69.0% "I'm better now... :)"
09/21/2012
69.0% "Damnit you idiot! I just want to scream at my screen! WTF Josh, WTF!"

Fred Awesome review, Sarah! "Truth within silence," perfect! So glad you loved it, and now we can talk about it!

Sarah :) I can't wait Fred!

Fred Sarah wrote: ":) I can't wait Fred!"

Katja told me she added you to the discussion group, see you there! (Prob not today, though, frantic here). Sarah, finding you was def a highlight of my year, you are just so fun and awesome!

Sarah I'll see you in Chicago! Prepare for a hug!

Fred Sarah wrote: "I'll see you in Chicago! Prepare for a hug!"

Can't wait, Sarah! It's gonna be so fun!

Rebecca Fred, I have to agree with ya, Sarah is pretty awesome if I don't say so myself.