Lori's Reviews > One Last Thing Before I Go

F 50x66
Sep 18, 2012

bookshelves: what-i-ve-read
Read in September, 2012

This book was a pleasant surprise. Usually i hate these kinds of novels about clueless men who have disappointed everyone around them and don't have the brains to be grateful for the wonderful things and people in their lives. But Tropper did a great job of making the supporting cast so wonderful I wanted to hang out with them, and eventually you see Silver through their eyes and realize why they keep tolerating and forgiving him. A character like this can easily become so unlikeable you don't want to finish the novel so it was well done. Rich, his parents, Casey, his friendships with Jack and Oliver, his budding romance with Lily, even his regrets with Denise are all well drawn. His refusal to have the surgery he needs to save his life seems so idiotic, but eventually you see it's brave to realize he doesn't want to live the rest of his life stuck in the same rut he's been in for years. Why doesn't he change? even he doesn't know. I'm glad i don't have a Silver in my life but it was fun hanging out in his head for a while and i've recommended this to others also.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Last Thing Before I Go.