Sarah's Reviews > Aidan and Ethan

Jan 03, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: glbt-fiction
Read in December, 2008

hirteen years ago Aidan disappeared in the dead of night, but he is home now. Aidan has come home to take the job of chief of the fire department and to reconnect with his brother and sister. He wants Ethan back too. Unable to forget their kiss, Aidan wants to explain why he went away, and he wants a second chance to win Ethan’s heart.
From Liquid Silver Books.

This was an interesting read, kinda angsty and with much drama. The writing style was engaging and the return to young love premise is one that I enjoy. There were also many manly firefighters. Noice! It is set in a small town and there is just something about this that really appeals to me. I love that feeling of community it engenders and that there is the possibility of more books in the series as you get glimpses of other characters lives.

I enjoyed the read but got about two thirds the way through and it was like the author got a bit lost. The sex scenes were hot but peppered with very anatomically correct words that totally yoinked me out of the moment. Not sure I want to read something that sounds like it was written by my Year 11 science teacher. The plot meandered a little at this point and flowed less seamlessly than it had earlier in the book. Also, certain facets of one character meant I found it pretty difficult to suspend my disbelief, with regards his lack of experience. It gets back on track though and despite some of the problems I had, the book on the whole was a not a bad wee read. Certainly an author to keep an eye on! The cover is also VERY pretty and created by the tremendously clever Anne Cain. Definitely got my attention!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aidan and Ethan.