Deborah Mcnemar's Reviews > Time Untime

Time Untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Sep 18, 12

Read in August, 2012

I used to love the Darkhunter series. I'm a Greek myth fan and the characters were so real. But the fact is, the last five or so in this series have been, well, for want of a better word, trite.

Ren Waya is/was a Mayan warrior. That stretched my "willing suspension of disbelief" since the Greeks and Mayans never interacted. Then came the constant use of the derogatory "retard" in his memories. I sincerely doubt the Mayans used what is modern slang. And it didn't happen just once, but every time we flashed back to his past. A little use of the imaginative skills I know the author has could have come up with something far better.

The story itself isn't bad and is based on Mayan mythology about the end of the world. Her research there was well done and the plot moved along nicely. Hence the three stars instead of one. I keep reading these books, hoping the author will stop long enough to dig deeper than surface humor and pratfalls. She used to. I keep hoping to find another with the depths of Night Play or Unleash the Night, but this one is not it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time Untime.