I.haveanidea's Reviews > Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales

U 50x66
Jan 02, 2009

Recommended for: Anyone.
Read in November, 2008 , read count: 2

Autopsy Room 4: Hilarious, and really well written. But...just hilarious.

The Man in the Black Suit: Really cool and well written, if anything keeps you up at night.

All That You Love Will Be Carried Away: REALLY great little story, up to the climatic point and every little detail preceding it. I don't remember if he dies or not (or it doesn't say), but any of those things would still make it great.

The Death of Jack Hamilton: This book just keeps on giving with this one, a short little "biography" of a gang member, from his prolific career to his death (I think).

In the Deathroom: Not the best, but still interesting.

The Little Sisters of Eluria: Didn't read this, wanted to wait to read the Dark Tower series, don't know if I should have or not.

Everything's Eventual: A pretty good story of a life of simplism or "perfectionism" because of his special power. Not too compelling, but definitely one I thought about.

L.T.'s Theory of Pets: Not exactly "thrilling" but still interesting, and a good read.

The Road Virus Heads North: Pretty good, but unfortunately I'm kinda tired of concept, but really well written and probably the scariest I've read of these kinds of stories. However, I feel there's a bit room for improvement as an idea like this could go far.

Lunch at the Gotham Cafe: A bit of an out of nowhere thriller, but I really enjoyed this as far as slasher novels go, and also a very surprising tale from King (usually motive or insanity is explained, but this leaves you to wonder... as does Steve).

That Feeling, You Can Only Say in French: Really interesting book, King explained that Hell inspired this one, which leads me to only imagine how horrible hell might be if it even just repeated moments in your life, horrible moments, the moments that caused you to be imprisoned in hell. This one I found was more of a thinker then a scary keep you up at night story, but it did that too.

1408: This one had it's ups and downs, I thought the theme was something King wouldn't do since it shared the theme of all of those lame horrors/thrillers. However, there were ups, as I mentioned. Although not a big one, just the fact that the main character didn't believe what he wrote really got me into it, since when he went into the room he knew nothing would happen. The rest of the story unfolds, and the events in the room itself are a tad disappointing, but his exit and the "epilogue" are quite good. Also, the number 1408 kinda added to the atmosphere (14th floor is 13th floor since hotels don't label the 13th floor as such, and 1+4+0+8=13).

Riding the Bullet: Decent, but not amazing. No comments on this :/

Lucky Quarter: Kinda interesting, a not so fortunate woman fantasizes of riches beyond her dreams (well, quite the opposite, it seems) when the gets a quarter tip. When she realizes she's just dreaming, she gives it to her son as a gift, and then reality mixes with fantasy...

As a total, I really liked this book. There were only maybe 1 or 2 stories which I didn't find great, and all of the stories had their own little "twist" which I enjoyed. 4/5
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything's Eventual.