I.haveanidea's Reviews > Four Past Midnight

U_50x66
Jan 02, 09

Recommended for: Anyone
Read in June, 2008, read count: 2

The Langoliers: One of my favourite novellas ever, the one just kept me reading and I couldn't put down. Every aspect such as the blind girl, the crazy man, the "coincidence" of the pilot being there, and in fact the entire concept up to the end (which is rare for King stories). And of course the langoliers themselves. Loved this one. 5/5

Secret Window, Secret Garden: Great concept/idea, love the entire plot, but in this case I think the movie might have exceeded the novella, but I'm sure if it was made into an entire book I might have liked it more. 3/5

Library Policeman: One of the (sorry) stupidest ideas for a book I've ever heard of, but in fact I was wrong. I thought I would hate it, but it actually kept me up at night with the light on, yearning for something funny on the tv to watch so I could go to bed peacefully. Just...scary.
4/5

The Sun Dog: This one, however, ruined it for me. The entire story I just wanted to put the book down, but the hope of it getting better made me continue to read it. As it turned out, the ending was quite good, surprisingly for King, but I still don't like it.

2.5/5

So final is 3.625/5, but since Langoliers was so good I'm gonna boost it to 4.2/5. A single novella shouldn't stop you from reading it.

Also, this book introduced me to King's short stories, which I've now fallen in love with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Four Past Midnight.