Autumn Review's Reviews > Just for Now

Just for Now by Abbi Glines

Oct 21, 2012

bookshelves: arc, favorites, review
Read in October, 2012

I have been waiting and waiting for Amanda's book. I have loved this girl since I met her in Breathe. Something about her, just spoke to me. Well, my wait is over and I couldn't have picked a better match for her. Preston is one smokin guy.

Amanda has had her eye on Preston for a long time. The problem is that Preston is her brother Marcus' best friend. Well...that and he's a big player. In a desperate attempt to get some kind of attention from him, they have one hot night together. The thing is, Preston doesn't really remember it. He thinks it was a dream, while she's left mending a broken heart. Then there's the fact that they have to be near each other. He's her brother's best friend. A bit unavoidable. Plus, she knows that Preston has had a difficult life, but he's never really let anyone really see it. But, Amanda can see through the wall he's put up and she wants in.

Preston can't stop thinking about Amanda and his attraction to her. He's tried to put her out of his mind, but he simply can't when everywhere he looks she's there. So, does he give in or try to keep avoiding her. Well, we all know the answer to that. BUT, Preston has a secret. No one knows what he's had to do take care of his family. His mom is a wretched woman who has no use in being a mother, but there are three kids that need to be taken care of and Preston is the one to do it. The only thing Preston knows to do in order to keep food on the table is use his looks and his body for money.

Preston truly broke my heart. Getting into his head and his life really affected me. Yes, he's a player, but you have a better understanding as to why he is the way he is. He's never really felt love. The closest relationship he's had is with Marcus, as a brother type relationship. Once he stops fighting his attraction for Amanda and he really let's her in, he can't help but fall hard for her.

Amanda really is the perfect girl for Preston. She's been patient with him and develops a great relationship with his siblings. Now, she doesn't know what he's had to do in order to survive, but it effects their relationship. I'm not going into too much detail about that, because obviously it's big factor in the story. But, I will tell you this....I believed in their love for each other.

Was there steam??? Why yes. Yes, there was. While there was more sexual content in this book than in others in this series, I felt that it was appropriate for the story. The relationship that Preston and Amanda have is full of love. It was hot, but tender as well. You know what I mean? So, for those of you that like a bit of steam to your story, you won't be disappointed.

Abbi Glines has delivered another favorite for me. While I'm now satisfied that my girl Amanda has gotten her story and her guy, I'm always anxious for more of this bunch. I feel like these characters are true part of my life.

If you haven't started this series...WHAT are you waiting for????

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just for Now.

Sarah I'm so jealous right now!

.Lili. Me too! I can't wait to read it!

message 3: by Tammi (new) - added it

Tammi Can't wait to read this one!

Jessica Viteri Bravo! Loved this review. Can not wait to read this next week.

message 5: by Drita (new)

Drita Is there an Amazon link for this and the series, couldn't find by name or author?

Sarah Drita wrote: "Is there an Amazon link for this and the series, couldn't find by name or author?"
Just for now was not release yet.

Here's the link for the series:
#1 Breath
#2 Because of Low
#3 While it Lasts

message 7: by Drita (new)

Drita Thank you Sara, much appreciated.

Leticia I just can't wait to get this one!! I love all the books in the series!!

Jaclyn I can't wait for this one!!!!

Autumn Review Oct 30th is the release date.

message 11: by Drita (new)

Drita Thanks Autumn!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

i think i need to read the series again! ahhh i miss everyone! I can't wait for this any longer!

message 13: by Drita (last edited Oct 23, 2012 12:18AM) (new)

Drita Thanks so much Sarah!