Chris's Reviews > Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn

F_50x66
Jan 02, 09

bookshelves: young_adult_fiction
Recommended for: anyone willing to face the truth that friendship isn't easy.
Read in January, 2009

I have to admit that the first few chapters were a little rocky for me. The idea that Naomi was so convinced that her delusions could become reality were hard for me to swallow. But there was something about the way the story was told that made me buy it. And once I bought it, I adored it.

I'm tempted to give this book five stars, but logically I know it is not a work of literary genius. I did, however, read it from cover to cover in a few hours without putting it down once. And I cried. And on more than one occasion I got the ridiculous tight feeling in my stomach that comes with the perfect moment - or the imperfect moment that kind of tears your heart out.

I love the frequent changes in point of view. It could have been really confusing, but instead I think it gave the reader a clearer picture of the "truth". Because no one is objective about their own reality.

There were paragraphs - and I want to go back and find them and mark them for my own reference - that felt like they were pulled out of my own head. Or from my own experiences.

I just finished reading it and it's late, so I'm not very eloquent right now. But it should say something that I wanted to review it right away and suggest that you go out and pick this one up next time you are at a bookstore. Or library. Or my house.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List.