Santhoshini's Reviews > Winterling

Winterling by Sarah Prineas

U_50x66
Sep 17, 12

Read in July, 2012

Fer, short for Jennifer, lives with her strict, and meticulous grandma, who never lets her out of her sight. Her grandma teaches her about herbs, healing, and maybe even a little magic. The problem with Fer is that she feels out of place in her current home. Breathing in her residency is hard, especially in school. Everyone thinks of her as a weird girl, a girl who smells weird, (due to the herbs in her pouches sewed in her quilt jacket that her grandmother made for protection), and is just plain out of place! So when Fer runs across a pool of water, when running in the woods, she sees on the other side a dog that turns into a boy who she saves from wolves, who calls for her to come across the pool of water or the way. Coming across it she finds a beautiful woman, the Lady of the place. The Lady hides a dark and terrible thing, and the answers to Fer for the secrets she has been dying to know, her parents. Seeking her way though another whole dimension, Fer battles through secrets and hunts as she discovers the ultimate truth that has been hidden by deep dark secrets of who she really is.

I would rate this book a five because I loved how the author, Sarah Prineas, has written each chapter with thrill and excitement and with Fer. I couldn't put this book down and wanted o keep reading to see what happens next. Sarah Prineas has written the story in a way that formed a lot of questions in my mind. I wondered, what was going to happen next or if who is the main character really. These are the questions that formed in my mind that made me want to keep reading this book. Winterling is in the genre of fantasy. I finished this book in summer 2012, on July. I really enjoyed reading Winterling, by Sarah Prineas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winterling.