Laura's Reviews > Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

Quiet by Susan Cain

Sep 17, 2012

Read in September, 2012

As good as everyone says and a quick, interesting read. In some ways, it was validation of stuff introverts already know, which is why I can't give it 5 stars, but it was very interesting.

I kind of wish that all bosses ever had to read it, since so much of the way that introverts thrive goes against the brainstorming/open floor plan/meeting-centric business model. Even though I think of myself as an introvert, it did help me realize some things about my (even more introverted) husband, and how we're introverted in different ways. Also, this will sound insane if you haven't read it, but it made me think that we're already seeing some introvert/high-reactive signs in my 10 month old, just based on some of the long-term studies Cain discusses. If that turns out to be true (which, based on her parents seems likely anyway), it gave some good ideas for parenting her in a way that is supportive of her introverty needs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quiet.