booklady's Reviews > The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here for?

The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

Jan 02, 09

it was ok
bookshelves: abandoned, 2005, spiritual, theology, scripture, religion, psychology, prayer, philosophy, non-fiction
Recommended to booklady by: Jan and Sandy
Read in September, 2005

Seeing Cassie's listing of this reminded me to add it to my books even though I never finished it. I did read over 3/4th of it.

When I finished Retreat in Daily Life the St. Ignatian Spiritual Exercises I was looking for something to fill the gap and a few of the ladies who had been in my group were going to read this so I thought I'd join them in it. None of us ever finished it; it was such a weak follow-up. Maybe I would have liked it better or gotten more out of it at another time or under different circumstances, I don't know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Purpose Driven Life.

message 1: by Cassie ♥ (last edited Jan 02, 2009 08:07PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cassie ♥ I skimmed over parts of this. It was okay, but at the time it was such a hit that I felt bad telling people I thought it was-- just okay.

booklady Yes, I know what you mean. It was helpful for many people so I don't discount the good which has been done. It just didn't do anything for me spiritually and the sad thing is I really, really wanted it to!