Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Deadly Sting

Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep

DEADLY STING is book eight in the Elemental Assassin series and this time, Gin’s latest journey has a fresh, new take. All the events that happen in the book occur in one night, so that means this book is brimming is suspense and fast-paced action. The pacing and plotting is absolute perfection! There’s never a dull moment in DEADLY STING!

I was very impressed with the way Estep handled this book. After the events of the last book, she sets up a story arc that will have readers pining for the next one. As I was reading this, I discovered that I must have a sadistic side because I actually liked seeing this side of Gin. Assassins can have their heartbroken too and reading about Gin’s heartbreak made me relate to her on a more deeper level. Oftentimes, I see Gin as untouchable. Any threat can be and has been eliminated thus far, but this is the one time we really see something affect her and hurt her. I think Estep has created a way for readers to sympathize with Gin and she does it in a way that further progresses the plot as well.

As I mentioned, this book doesn’t ever stop with its action. Since everything occurs in one night, readers will feel as if they are submerged in the action. In some cases, Gin is looking from the outside in, and readers get her narrative from an outsider’s perspective. It was a nice change and it displays Gin’s abilities very well.

Of course, I have to mention Owen. Readers will be flipping the pages trying to get a glimpse of him. There’s a good chunk of him in this book but I’m not sure how readers will take it. I personally like where this series is going. It makes it interesting and I’m sure Estep has some more tricks up her sleeve for us. I cannot wait to see what she has planned for us next! DEADLY STING is definitely one of my favorites of the series so far.

*ARC provided by Edelweiss
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Sting.

01/27/2013 page 32
8.0% "Finally gonna read this! Needing some violence lol"
01/27/2013 page 78