Naoms's Reviews > Kitty Goes to Washington

Kitty Goes to Washington by Carrie Vaughn

Sep 17, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal-urban-fantasy, read-in-2012, vampires, fae, shifters
Read from September 17 to 19, 2012

I really enjoyed this book. Entertaining, action packed and interesting through out. I admit that I wondered where the story was going. But I was never bored.

I found this book to be interesting, because I had no idea who to trust, who was good, who bad and what their intentions were. Everyone just seemed to want to use Kitty as a pawn and I just wanted to know why.

In this installment, Kitty is called to speak to a senate committee on being a werewolf. Bold move on the authors part. I can't really think of a character who was pulled into the public light in this way. Where everyone in the country basically knows they're supernatural. The concept was very interesting.

While in Washington Kitty meets an interesting cast of characters. A master vampire, a club of shifters with no alpha and a persistent paranormal reporter. She also once again faced with Doctor Flemming and the cult leader Elijah Smith. Smith is the reason I could not give this book five stars, the entire interaction with him was too easy. He is such an interesting character, i think he deserved his own book where he could be truly used as a villain. Just easily resolved. All the chaos just seemed to resolve itself and calm down without any real repercussions. I expected more after his scenes in the first book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty Goes to Washington.

09/18/2012
43.0% "Don't get why she is staying with these vampires........"