Christal's Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

Nov 16, 12

bookshelves: ya-and-na, romance, contemporary-fiction, female-lead, arcs, 2012-favorites
Recommended to Christal by: Regina
Read from September 19 to 20, 2012

See this review and others like it at BadassBookReviews.com!

“Choosing to be with you, isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline...It's easy. Incredibly easy.”

EASY was an unbelievably sweet and wonderful book. As soon as I finished it, I immediately recommended it to my 21-year old sister. I was completely surprised and delighted by how much I enjoyed it and knew that she would as well.

Right from the start, Tamara Webber pulled no punches. We are introduced to Jacqueline, our main lady, in a very dramatic and horrifying scene. We find out later that we also meet Lucas, our main guy, in the same scene. Ms. Webber’s writing was taunt and fast-paced when needed and playful and lovely enough to melt even the toughest hearts into a pile of goo in other sections. To say this book made me feel feelings would be an understatement; Ms. Webber took me on the proverbial emotional rollercoaster and I applaud her for that.

Jacqueline was a great narrator. She was strong and smart and not above stepping outside her comfort zone. She took her time to be sad and depressed and then she began to move on with her life. She didn’t always have it easy, but she had respect for those around her and she respected herself. She was a very believable college girl and I thought the way she reacted to situations was perfect.

Lucas/Landon was a dreamboat. Obviously I caught on to his duality before Jacqueline, but the emails and text messages they exchanged were just so much fun. Lucas’s reasons for why he tried to keep his distance from Jacqueline were actually truthful and I always thought he had her best interests at heart.

Lucas and Jacqueline brought out the best in each other and helped one another move on from the difficult times in their past. Separately, they are great but together they are phenomenal. I loved how they supported each other no matter what and I was so happy with the way the story ended.

The female relationships in this book were perfect. Jacqueline and her best friend Erin supported each other through thick and thin. They didn’t put each other down or refer to one another as “bitches” or “sluts.” No, they were genuine and real and I want them to be my best friends.

The subject of rape is very serious, but Ms. Webber handled it well. She showed the many different perspectives people take on the subject and the many different ways those involved can be affected. She handled the situation with the gravity it deserved. One of my favorite moments in the book was when the sorority president told the other girls straight up, “This is rape.” You can try to justify and make excuses, but it is what it is and we should be supporting the victim, not the attacker.

I can’t say enough good things about this book and would recommend it to mature readers of YA. I will be keeping an eye on Tamara Webber’s future releases.

Thank you to Edelweiss/Netgalley and Penguin Publishing for providing a review copy of this novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

09/19/2012
16.0% "Even just this little bit in, I didn't want to stop reading to cook dinner!" 4 comments
09/19/2012
40.0% "I pressed against him and he groaned into my mouth and wrenched his mouth from mine, breathing raggedly. "I have to go now, or I'm not going."" 5 comments