Frances's Reviews > Elvis and the Dearly Departed

Elvis and the Dearly Departed by Peggy Webb

Jan 02, 09

did not like it

This was a light southern mystery. It didn't flow well and events moved in an uneven manner. There were a few chuckles and some southernisms but that didn't make up for a poorly written book. Elvis is a basset hound who lives in a small town outside the hometown of the real Elvis, Tupelo, Mississippi. Better southern mysteries are those written by Anne George set in Birmingham, AL.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elvis and the Dearly Departed.

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny I haven't read this series, but I completely agree that the better southern mystery series are the ones by Anne Geroge. I especially loved Murder on a Bad Hair Day.

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Jenny-I loved the Anne George mysteries. My son lives in B'ham and the jokes about Vulcan in the book are so funny. I can just picture Vulcan towering over the city. I wanted to tell you I love Morehead City. I use to have a beach trailer at Salter Path and my son and I went to church in Morehead City when we were at the trailer. I loved Beaufort and Morehead City and will always cherish all the years we spent our weekends there. I had an small collectibles booth at an antique store in Swansboro also. Great to know another North Carolinian. I love that state and think it is as beautiful as CO. Frances

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Reading the jokes about the Vulcan 'moon' was so funny that Birmingham is on my travel list! It's nice to hear from someone who knows and loves NC as much as I do. The beaches there are beyond beautiful. We've got to talk about favorite restaurants!