Monica's Reviews > The Silent Scream

The Silent Scream by Diane Hoh

Jun 20, 10

Read from June 18 to 20, 2010

Me and the whole horror genre don't always get along so well. Yeah, I've read some Dean Koontz and Stephen Kingbut deep down they terrify me. They are books that I read when it is sunny outside and the family is running around the house for support of my fragile horror mentality. The Blair Witch Project had me up at night for months. I'm a wuss. A real, true wuss.

And that is why I enjoy YA horror so much. True it may be cheesy and is it really horror? Not really but it is perfect for me. It is just scary enough to read on those dark nights alone in the house for my heart to start racing, palms to get a bit sweaty and still be able to sleep like a baby with thoughts of fun college dances and first loves.

And that is why I enjoyed this book. It took me back to my teenage years, to that tender spot where life was easy and the most I had to worry about was my hair and which boy to call that night. Diane Hoh was a pleasant interlude to other reading, an escape and I will definitely be reading more when I need a 24 hour read and a little YA "horror" and still want to sleep like a baby.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silent Scream.

06/20/2010 page 127