(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick's Reviews > White Trash Beautiful

White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert

Sep 17, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: ya, violence, drug-use, abuse, chick-lit, e-book, fiction, rock-star-hero, romance-contemporary, novella
Read on September 21, 2012

Meh. White Trash Beautiful has all the necessary tools for a potential kick arse story. Abused heroine with a drugged out boyfriend and mom, a dead in job, a potential white knight rock star hero. What we get is a harlequin-esque YA that takes every possible cliche and trope, spins it around a few times, then ends. I wanted this to be good. I wanted this to overwhelm me. I didn't want a foul mouth heroine who indecisive nature causes her to cheat, lie, and eventually allow her beta hero to whisk her away; but only after the requisite confrontation and devastating moment.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Trash Beautiful.

08/11/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright wow.... is this good?

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick Eh. Still in setting up the storyline. Not bad but I'm ready for some action.

message 3: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright can't wait to see your review. I'm on the fence with this one.

message 4: by (Tori-Smexybooks) (last edited Sep 21, 2012 01:28PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick Im 50% in and while enjoying, it's not a remarkable read. Premise is economically poor abused girl, trapped in a go nowhere life, catches the eye of rock star. I don't want this to be a 'white knight rides into save her' story. I want her to save herself and go to him on equal footing. I do admit though, she has a snarky attitude that I like.

message 5: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright well the premise sounds interesting. I do get that the typical Disny-anti-feminist-view of a rich man saves poor useless female puts a sour to the uniqueness. :-)

message 6: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright but. . . does it explain why she is laying on the ground butt naked? I mean goodness too poor to have clothes?

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick I just want different. I want strong. He can save her, but she has to be willing to put in some effort. *sigh* It's probably me though. I'm in a crap mood. lol Nothing is pleasing me.

message 8: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright ouch! 2 stars...

message 9: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright we need to find you a new book. Do you like contemporary romance...I'm reading "Easy" now.

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick Kenya wrote: "we need to find you a new book. Do you like contemporary romance...I'm reading "Easy" now."

I loved Easy. *romantic sigh* Heck, I liked Beautiful Disaster. I'm thinking of starting The Mighty Storm.Have you read that one?

message 11: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright no I actually havn't. When are you going to read it? Maybe I'll try it with you. I just sent the sample to my kindle fire.

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick Probably tonight or tomorrow. I have a review book to do first.

message 13: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright ooo did you read Dublin Street?

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick Yes. LOVED!! Such an enjoyable new adult rom comp.

message 15: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright gooness I need you to reccommend stuff to me then. :-(

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick What do you like? I read it ALL. Except straight westerns. Those scare me. And civil war books. My step father was a civil war prof and he pretty much ruined that era for me. lol

message 17: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright lol@civil war professor... that's quite interesting. If I ever need research on that I'm coming to you.

I love anything with romance. I usually only read fantasy. Recently, I've been dipping into other genres. I write so I think its important to not only be well-read but no about other genres. Which is how I stumbled on to the popular romances like 50 shades, a beautiful disaster, etc

I'm really loving this genre! Oh god I just finished EASY! I'm so glad I gave it a try!

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick Ok. Have you read Kristen Ashley or Shelly Laurenston?Both are my go to crack books. Romance, sex, laughter, mystery, suspense, and more. I re read them all the time.

Bark's Book Nonsense The premise sounded so good I almost bought it but the execution sounds terrible.

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick BarkLessWagMore wrote: "The premise sounded so good I almost bought it but the execution sounds terrible."

It was poorly done.