Molly's Reviews > Dinner with a Vampire

Sep 17, 12

bookshelves: favourite-books-x, fantasy
Read in September, 2012

COMPLETELY WORTH THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Having been one of the orginal readers on wattpad, I have been waiting to see how this book would conclude for a few years now, and I am so glad I stuck with 'Dinner' and with Abigail because this book was simply amazing.

I love that the book is darker than most of the 'typical' Vampire stories, and it has its own plot and ideas, it doesnt copy from others e.g. the prophecy is so well thought out and must have took a long time to think up :D

There is so much detail and description in this book, that many books on the market today lack, and they've been written by seriously experienced writers, whereas Canse12 began writing this at just 15 :o and each chapter got better and better as she began to mature as a writer.

The characters in this book are well developed, and the female lead really is a herion, she isnt just a whiny teenage brat that gets dragged along for the ride, she is a strong, stubborn woman. And as for the main man Kaspar, just wow. You'll hate him and you'll love him, but no matter what, you'll be enthralled by him, you'll want to know more.

I also love that there is a lot of character interaction between Violet and Kaspar in this book, it isn't just made up of longing looks between the characters, (althought there is still some of that for those who enjoy it) there is some serious action going on in this book ;P

To original 'Dinner' fans who may be worrying about what the editing has left behind, have no fear! It is still 'Dinner', still as dark, still as sexy and still amazing!

*******SPOILER********
*The only thing I would say (Not trying to be negative) is I was hesitant about some of the things that had been removed from the original wattpad version. This may make me sound sick and twisted, but I thought the rape scene should have been left in the book because I thought it was a major turning point for the characters and was therefore a key moment and very significant. This was one of the noticable points in the book where Kaspar and Violet began to interact more, and we actually saw (more openly) a nicer side to Kaspar where he opened up a little and began to bond with Violet. I also thought it added to the darkness and grittiness of the novel.
However, I do understand why it was taken out, and I just want to clarify this isnt me being at all critical, I guess its just a personal opinion.
*******************

To new fans thinking about picking this up, I can promise you, you will not regret it. In fact, you won't be able to put this book down until you finish it.

And to the author, thanks for replying to me, cannot wait for the sequel next summer!!! :D
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dinner with a Vampire.