Mad Scientist's Reviews > Stolen

Stolen by Shiloh Walker

Sep 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012, adult, netgalley
Read from September 17 to 20, 2012

3.5 STARS **I wrote my review and slept on it. Sorry, after I thought about it. I forgot about some elements that weren't so wonderful. Reviewing can just be so hard to at times.**

A Concoction of a Review:

This is the Mad Scientist's very first Shiloh Walker book. *Gasps* I know! The shame of it. I must say that this one was a good start, leaving me wanting to read some more by Shiloh Walker!

Now here is the hard part. Writing a review as to not give away all of the fun stuff of this Romantic Suspense novel. It gripped me so much that even though I was flipping the pages fast, the Mad Scientist was held in gripping rapture. The whole story was tense.

Our lovely lady of the novel, Shay, has been hiding from her inner dragons for most of her life. She even moved herself all the way to the frozen wasteland of Earth's End, Alaska. She has been abused, cut, raped and much more by her step father, oh the horror of her young life! Due to this, she has created a life where she can keep herself away from as much human contact as possible. Creating a pen name she writes thriller novels from the scenes of personal nightmares. (A job so many of us dream of!)

We must give our dear Shay a hand *claps*. My dear girl found herself a wonderful smexy man, Elliot. A smexy man who owns a bookstore! She didn't slay all of her inner dragons and had a very hard time opening up to him, creating sexual tension all over the pages. But just to overcome all of the nasties done to her enough to move on and find some is for a person with a strong inner self.

However, the story quickly messes with Shays life. A psychotic stalker starts to tear apart her life. That is really where all of the suspense was held. The focus on Shay is shown to make you understand why it is happening, yet, it is twisted beyond horrific proportions!

The beginning of the book started off strong for me. About 60% there was a lull for me. I was waiting for something drastic to happen or for the book to wrap up. Personally, I was thinking it could of been better by knocking off 50 pages. Here is my update while reading. "Ok... about page 298 (about 70% I'm guessing, reading off of NOOK and the page count is only showing 277) and I officially past up the twist that I was desperately hoping for. Not what I was expecting but it is a huge twist! Watch for it." Still the book was longer then really needed.

I have a two small dislikes... The word 'fuck' just way too many times. Elliot you are a naughty boy! Plus, she ran out on him after he took a bullet for him. *Poppycock* That boy loves you!

**Thanks to NetGalley & Ballantine Books of Random House Publishing Group for the ability to read & review this book which has which so ever did not influence or bend my thoughts in any manner. All Mad thoughts are presented in right mind by the twisted brain of the Mad Scientist!**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen.

09/17/2012 page 40
09/18/2012 page 100
25.0% "I'm loving this one. It is intense."
09/18/2012 page 100
25.0% "Goodness, facebook is causing problems again." 12 comments
09/20/2012 page 298
74.0% "Ok... about page 298 (about 70% I'm guessing, reading off of NOOK and the page count is only showing 277) and I officially past up the twist that I was desperately hoping for. Not what I was expecting but it is a huge twist! Watch for it."
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sunny You might really like SW's Ash series. It's moody and tense. For some alpha goodness, you might really enjoy her Rafferty series, especially Broken.

Mad Scientist I was told to try the ASH series recently by someone else. I liked how the tension kept me curious and flipping the pages!

Sunny Mad Scientist wrote: "I was told to try the ASH series recently by someone else. I liked how the tension kept me curious and flipping the pages!"

Then I feel pretty confident you will like ASH ...

Mad Scientist I will have to check out that series!

Mad Scientist After sleeping on my review & rereading I had to change my response. I forgot about the lull from about 60%. Still it was a good read for me. Truly I was flipping faster then with a normal read!