Antof9's Reviews > Shopaholic and Sister

Shopaholic and Sister by Sophie Kinsella

Jan 02, 09

bookshelves: 2005-read, predictable-chicklit, nyc, would-like-that-time-back, good-for-decking, junk-food
Read in April, 2005

I don't know if I can say how much I am glad that I am finished with these 4 books! I think I said it in the book reviews for each of the other 3, and I'll say it again: THIS GIRL MAKES ME CRAZY!

Sure, there are some entertaining things in these books, and the whole sister thing is like a Lucille Ball show, but her lying and shopping make my stomach hurt. Literally. As I read each of these books, I actually felt concern for the predicaments she was getting into!

Several people have said they didn't like/get the whole shopping thing. I think I understand that part, actually. It's more the lying that concerns me. She lies constantly and about everything. Even things that don't need to be lied about!

Yes, these books are good for the plane (which is where I think I read this one), and they're nice and lite, but . . . I'm glad I'm done with the series. And I just hope there aren't any more! If she writes more like Can You Keep a Secret?", I'd read them in a heartbeat. And if that book gets a sequel, I'd be all over it. But Shopaholic I'm done with!
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shopaholic and Sister.