Ruth Hill's Reviews > Twang

Twang by Julie L. Cannon

Sep 17, 2012

liked it
Read in September, 2012

This was a pretty typical Christian book with some things that set it apart from other books in the genre. Adding in the author's love of country music and following Jennifer as she rose from obscurity did make this somewhat intriguing at times. I also love country music, and the insight into this amazing industry often captured my imagination and made me think about the stories of some of the current country stars.

The gospel was presented in its entirety in this book, but sometimes it seemed a little forced or even out of place. I was glad to see the ending occurred as it did, but it was pretty predictable. There was nothing that really took me by surprise, and everything happened like you thought it would. That makes it a light-hearted, easy-to-read book.

It was good to have the inclusion of the Nashville floods from a couple years ago because that is something that time has forgotten. I am also pleased to report that there was no profanity nor sex scenes included--a nice, clean read. I did feel a couple loose ends were never tied up, but that happens in books now and then.

If you are looking for a feel-good book that appeals to country music fans, this would be a book to read. Nothing deep, but this is an unpretentious book that happens just as it should.

I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twang.