Sara's Reviews > Written on the Body

Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson

Jan 12, 09

Read in January, 2009

This book is amazing. Not for everyone, perhaps, and not what you're looking for if you're expecting a conventional novel. But let yourself get into it and enjoy the ride. I am now inspired to go hunt down everything she's ever written.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Written on the Body.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Did you know The Passion was my favorite book for a while? Probably just before we became friends.

Sara Seriously??? I had no idea.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Yes, very serious. I just pulled out the journal where I wrote quotes from it. Here's one: (not a spoiler)

They say that every snowflake is different. If that were true, how could the world go on? How could we ever get up off our knees? How could we ever recover from the wonder of it?
By forgetting. We cannot keep in mind too many things. There is only the present and nothing to remember.

Man. I loved that book. So many moving sentences.

Sara Beautiful. Just beautiful. That's it: I'm reading it. (assuming I can get it in Pak.)

message 5: by Minmin0681 (new)

Minmin0681 thanks

message 6: by Minmin0681 (new)

Minmin0681 Sara wrote: "Beautiful. Just beautiful. That's it: I'm reading it. (assuming I can get it in Pak.)"

(thanks)