Rachel's Reviews > When in Doubt, Add Butter

When in Doubt, Add Butter by Beth Harbison

Sep 24, 12

bookshelves: 2012, audio, chick-lit, fiction
Read in September, 2012

When In Doubt Add Butter is a great beach read or in my case, car book. (I like to listen to light, beachy chick-lit books when I'm driving.) Gemma is was so sweet and likeable that I wanted good things to happen for her. The plot is somewhat predictable but that's almost to be expected in this genre. I knew who Mr. Tuesday was and some other things that would be spoilers if I mentioned them way before Gemma did. However, I think that it may have been the author's intent for the reader to have some things figured out before Gemma did and then root for Gemma to hurry up and figure it out herself.

The large cast of secondary characters was entertaining and fun. The narrator, Orlagh Cassidy did a great job of giving each person a unique voice that fit his or her personality. The ending wrapped everything up in a nice little package, which I actually liked but I thought it ended too soon. I would have loved a sequel instead of an epilogue - I didn't want to let Gemma go and I wanted know the details of what happened in the year between the last chapter and the epilogue.

If you are a fan of chick-lit, then this is a great book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When in Doubt, Add Butter.