Ian's Reviews > The Communist Manifesto

The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx

Nov 12, 13

This book has a bad rating on here only because of old fucks who have no time so they hang out on good reads. So we can conclude, that all these old fucks, also sit at home and watch political tv all day, and have a strong (close minded) opinion.

They all saw what happened to the Soviet Union and will blabber for fifteen hours about the genocide that happened. Capitalism though has killed millions so there pulling this genocide b.s. too. (Native Americans, War on terror, south america, Africa in the 80's-90's, Japan) So once we get down to the core of this book and strip all our fucking prejudices you can actually rate it. Overall its a really good book, that created a new radical way of thought (Which I don't even agree with) that sent the world in a whole new experimental direction.

The writing is good, the layout is fine, and there are some epic fucking lines. "The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Working men of all countries, unite!" Are you fucking kidding me? That is poetry!

7/9/13 update

Marx did not intend for communism to become a probable system for another 500 years. In other texts he explains a economical, and psychological revolution needs to happen before communism has a chance for success.
So fuck it, we will never know. Capitalism won, and now we shall reap what we sowed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Communist Manifesto.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brian Bova Well said. Totally agree.