Brendan's Reviews > From Beirut to Jerusalem

From Beirut to Jerusalem by Thomas L. Friedman

Dec 28, 07

bookshelves: favorites, middle-east
Read in December, 2001

If you're sick and tired of what a pedantic wind-bag Thomas Friedman has become since his stupid 'lexus & olive-tree' epiphany, take a trip back to when he was less pedantic, less wind-baggish, and could make a point without the use of a dozen unnecessary, self-aggrandizing anecdotes.

From Beirut to Jerusalem is entertaining, well-written, poignant, and a great primer to middle-eastern/Israeli-Palestinian affairs. The Beirut section of the book is a bit better than the Jerusalem section (I get the feeling he had different editors for each), but overall it remains indispensable reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Beirut to Jerusalem.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rene Hache very very true

Rosie Tighe Wow, I could have written this review. Precisely!

Susan Decker Brendan's review said all the things I wanted to say. Thanks, Brendan. Excellent book.

John Bray Nicely put, Brendan. I read this book not long after it was published and I think it's safe to say it really changed my attitudes to all things Mid-east. BUT...since then...pedantic windbag hits it on the head. Anyway, this is first time I've cared to comment on anything here...again, we'll done!