Tj Shay's Reviews > The 13th Sign

The 13th Sign by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb

Sep 28, 12

Read from September 16 to 28, 2012

This is an extremely well crafted story that draws you in and doesn't let go. Traveling along with Jalen on this magical/mythical journey was great fun. There are so many facets to this story. Not only does the reader learn about characters and the things that take place inside their heads, but the reader will also imagine his/herself in the story and wondering how he/she might change if the zodiac were somehow shifted.

My favorite quote, "I used to think of Bourbon Street as a seedy, strange side of town. But seeing it lit up now, with hundreds of neon flashing lights in the pre-dusk, it looked magical, mysterious, a place where adventures happen." The reason it was my favorite quote is because I remember having that exact same feeling on Bourbon Street...and isn't that what great writers do, write in a way that you feel the same way the character does.

I can't say enough good things about this book.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 13th Sign.

Quotes Tj Liked

Kristin O'Donnell Tubb
“Whoever said that loss gets easier with time was a liar. Here's what really happens: The spaces between the times you miss them grow longer. Then, when you do remember to miss them again, it's still with a stabbing pain to the heart. And you have guilt. Guilt because it's been too long since you missed them last.”
Kristin O'Donnell Tubb, The 13th Sign