Chelsea's Reviews > The Forgetting River: A Modern Tale of Survival, Identity, and the Inquisition

The Forgetting River by Doreen Carvajal

Oct 04, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction, reading-challenge, true-story
Read from September 16 to 24, 2012

This book is really an incredible true story. Reminds me of doing genealogy for myself and what mysteries and surprises may be there to be discovered. I want to write so much but can't because I don't want to give away the story.

Being Hispanic with some of my ancestors coming from the Canary Islands, this story has opened up to me possible avenues to take in my research for my own family.

It is a very touching and intense story as well because of some of the issues discussed which have to do with the Inquisition. I learned some very important things about the Inquisition and I am very glad I did.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves mysteries in the present, mysteries to do with a real life, real people, and to anyone who has always been intrigued about their family history and once to feel the energy that comes from learning the truth.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgetting River.