Tess's Reviews > Keystone

Keystone by Misty Provencher

Sep 17, 2012

bookshelves: utopya-con-2013
Read in September, 2012

I really didn't know what to expect with this series. Misty asked me to join the blog tour so I did what I always do...I looked to see if any of my friends had read it that have the same tastes as me and a few had and they loved it so I decided what the heck? I'll try it! Well guess what?! I LOVE IT TOO!!!! Actually I think EVERYONE should just drop what they are reading and go get it and open it and then you will get the AWESOMENESS because you can tell from the first few pages! Can you tell yet that I love this book?

Nalena is awesome! I love her! She kicks butt and she doesn't even know it! I'm waiting for her to figure out how much she kicks butt! After she has figured out what she is, she embraces it and holds onto that Cornerstone! With all things against her she still fights through to find The Key.

Garrett is my new book boyfriend. I wish he could be my Vieo! In Keystone you get the same Garrett as you had in Cornerstone but even better because there feelings for each other are out in the open completely and it's so sweet. My favorite thing about Garrett is that he is protective but he supports Nalena in her death mission. He lets her do what he knows she has to and instead of fighting her on it, he is by her side which is exactly what Nalena needs! They are the perfect match so says their tea leaves :) (another thing you have to get once you read the book!)

Another thing I loved about Keystone is you get a lot of awesome, developed supporting characters. I fell in love with Zane, Robbin, Deeta, Zaneen, Sean, Addo, Nok, and Iris in this book! It's not just about Nalena and the Reeses anymore. The interaction between this group of people made the book even better. It wasn't all completely centered around Nalena and Garrett which makes the story so much better because the Cusp isn't just effecting Nalena and Garrett. It is effecting everyone and with all these characters coming together you get to see that. There are also more interactions and relationships that form with the supporting characters the deepen the story.

All around I think this book...this series deserves more than 5 stars but 5 stars is all I got. Everything about it had me flipping the pages like crazy and now that I'm done I'm dying for more! I just will never be able to get enough! This is a read I recommend to anyone and everyone because I think you can find something that you will love about it!
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keystone.