Rick F.'s Reviews > The Lincoln Conspiracy

The Lincoln Conspiracy by Timothy L. O'Brien

Sep 16, 12

Read in September, 2012

"From award-winning journalist Timothy L. O’Brien comes a gripping historical thriller that poses a provocative question: What if the plot to assassinate President Lincoln was wider and more sinister than we ever imagined?

In late spring of 1865, as America mourns the death of its leader, Washington, D.C., police detective Temple McFadden makes a startling discovery. Strapped to the body of a dead man at the B&O Railroad station are two diaries, two documents that together reveal the true depth of the Lincoln conspiracy. Securing the diaries will put Temple’s life in jeopardy—and will endanger the fragile peace of a nation still torn by war."

From the above synopsis, one can gather that this most remarkable of novels is both historical and quite large in it's scope. Reading Tim O'Brien's take on one of history's most important and tragic events left me stunned- the plot-the story and characters were that good!

The mid- to late 19th Century atmosphere created by the magnificent pen of Mr. O'Brien is nothing short of breathtaking! Figures as diverse as Alan Pinkerton and Sojourna Truth come vividly to life in what must be called a work of literary fiction combined with thriller aspects.

As the reader tags along with Temple McFadden, the novel's lead protagonist, THE LINCOLN CONSPIRACY accomplishes all that truly great books strive for- to fully immerges the reader into the period of history covered- in other words- history comes alive- thanks to this most brilliant of writing styles and I highly recommend this book to both lovers of history as well as thrillers!

AN OFFICIAL JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB MUST READ

RICK FRIEDMAN
FOUNDER
THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lincoln Conspiracy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee Holz I added it to my TR list.

Rick F. Lee wrote: "I added it to my TR list."

WONDERFUL!!