Donna's Reviews > Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls by Jessica Sorensen

Sep 16, 12

Read in September, 2012

I liked this book and am now reading the next in the series because I have to know what is going on. This story has one of the best the opening lines ever. The sky is black; the streets are full of cries, and my clothes are drenched with either rain or blood. After sifting through a multitude of books I own I read this line and said I am reading this!!! I was taken on a roller coaster of emotions and every few pages I would have a new theory as to what was going on. At every turn, my previous theory was erased and a more sinister one would take its place. Bits and pieces to the puzzle kept seeming as if they held the answers but only went deeper into the conspiracy. I would think is Kayla human wait maybe not... but wait maybe no one is human anymore... but wait, they have heart beats.... but wait now they don't. A definite mind trip and completely relatable to the way many people feel they are manipulated by their own governments or family. I am intrigued as to where the characters will end up and how. I have begun the second book, and the pace is similar. Perhaps I am just curious by nature and the reason I need to know is to satisfy my never-ending need to know, but it has been and continues to be a hell of a ride!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Falls.