Hot Stuff Book Reviews's Reviews > My Favorite Mistake

My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron

Sep 16, 2012

bookshelves: adult, contemporary, english, young-adult
Read in September, 2012

I received an e-ARC from the author. So, thank you Chelsea M. Cameron.

Maybe you're aware of this, but new-adult books - in which characters are college age - are becoming more and more present on our shelves. And I'm glad. So, when I read the blurb of this novel on the author's blog, I wanted to read it and I'm not disappointed at all.

I wasn't bored at all when I read this novel in one sitting. There're everything in My Favorite Mistake from banters we all like to read, crazy attraction with a handsome young man, romance and drama.

Everything is well-balanced between the drama and the lighter aspect of the novel. both characters had to deal with a complicated and hurting past and it's really cute to see them discovering each other.

Moreover, I laughed a couple of times during the first part of the book. You'll see, there're priceless little tidbits of dialogues between Hunter and Taylor. I'm glad I was alone at my place because I tend to laugh like a maniac when I read. Not my normal laugh, not when I'm reading something funny where a gorgeous guy is concerned.

But even if I had a wonderful time with this novel, there's something that bothers me just slightly. Hunter and Taylor are not edgy enough when you consider their past that is still interfering in the present somehow. Granted, they are believable and it is easy to lose myself in their cute and enthralling story, but I would have loved to see them struggle a little more. Hunter that is, because Taylor is feisty enough for two when I think about it. What a first impression she gave to our Hunter!

The author's style alone is smooth, wonderful for such a story and conveys perfectly the college atmosphere. I could picture everything effortlessly. I'm sure to read her other novels.

In conclusion, I recommend you this novel if you're like me, craving for New-Adult books that take place at college. You're likely to enjoy the relationship between Hunter and Taylor and spend a wonderful time with them along their journey.

I'd love to know what you think about this novel, so feel free to post a comment but please, if you write any spoilers, signal it for the others. Thank you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Favorite Mistake.