Monie's Reviews > Divine Justice

Divine Justice by David Baldacci

Jan 01, 09

Read in January, 2009

As payback for their dirty deeds, Camel Club member "Oliver Stone", murders a US Senator and an Intelligence Chief and has no choice but to flee Washington DC. On the train ride out of town he intervenes in a 3-on-1 fight and saves Danny Riker from getting pummeled. Now kicked off the train and no where near his destination Oliver has no alternative but to join Danny on his return trip to the tiny town of Divine, Virginia.

Oliver only intends to see Danny home, earn a few traveling dollars and hightail it out of Divine to safety in the crowded city of New Orleans but he quickly gets himself in the middle of Divine's troubles. On his way out of town Oliver saves another one of Divine's young men and now the whole town knows his face when he seeks nothing more than anonymity. But the trouble doesn't stop there and Oliver is targeted by a group of men who are covering up Divine's biggest secret. With help from the rest of the Camel Club and unlikely assistance from the government agent hired to track him down Oliver just might make it out of the mess he's found himself in.

Oliver reminds of me an older Jason Bourne. He can make 3 separate groups of punks run with fright and he gets himself out of the stickiest situations sometimes with just his belt as a weapon or his monkey bar skills. The story has multiple surprises and intersecting plot lines that are neatly tied together in the end.

This is the fourth book from Baldacci featuring the Camel Club and I highly recommend reading the other three books first. My review is based on the unabridged audio book that was narrated by Ron McLarty. McLarty's voice characterizations are a little too similar for my liking but he does a great job with setting the scene by tone and infliction. As a huge Baldacci fan I wasn't disappointed and I recommend this book to all thriller lovers.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Justice.