Lynn ಠ_ಠ's Reviews > The Devil's Metal

The Devil's Metal by Karina Halle

Jan 30, 13

bookshelves: page-turner, paranormal, mixed-feelings, new-adult, demons, books-i-really-liked
Read from January 29 to 30, 2013

I need to gather my thoughts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil's Metal.

01/29/2013
18.0% "Liking this a lot so far, let's see where this goes."
01/30/2013
39.0% "I liked Sins & Needles but I'm enjoying this so much more! There's some weird shit going on and I can't wait to find out what happens."
01/30/2013
55.0% "At first you want anyone, just anyone, to listen to you. Then you get that anyone, you get mostly everybody, then you want the critics to pay attention to you. Then you get the critics, but it’s not good enough. You want more. You want to push the boundaries and damn if the world decides to not watch.”"
01/30/2013
65.0% "I'm getting a bad feeling. o.o"
80.0% "Ahhhhhh"
01/30/2013
85.0% "LOL!! - “I’ve been watching closely. Sage has gotten at least one boner just from looking at you." - Mel to Dawn."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Zemira Warner Yay! So,it's good?

Lynn ಠ_ಠ Yup! In fact, I liked this even more than Sins. The whole rock star thing + a touch paranormal is just more intriguing.

Zemira Warner Ahhhh! Now I need to read it. but when? Ahhhh!
Today I got Paper Towns and Just One Day. Need to finish up with Mind Games so I can start with The Archived or Prodigy. I might even read something else entirely.
How is the romance? Any good?

Lynn ಠ_ಠ NOW! :P
I want Just One Day! Are you going to read it soon or wait for Williem's book? I heard it ends in a cliffhanger.

The romance is sort of slow burn. Not really a focus until later in the book.

Zemira Warner I can't wait a year to read it! :O Are you kidding me? I almost started crying when I saw it.

I was in a moving car when I saw my mailman and was like STOP THE DAMN CAR! And I went out to see if he has anything for me. Which he did. xD

Slow? I can seal with that,especially if the book is good.

Lynn ಠ_ಠ Wished I could have seen that! (the car scene) O.O

I was woken up by the postman honking today. Jumped up and ran out so fast because I thought he brought Boundless. -___-

Zemira Warner Boundless. *weeps* Don't even remind me. I'm not expecting it till 10th. Don't want to get my hopes up. BWB books should be here soon. Then An Abundance and BOUNDLESSSSSS!!!

Mailman was like I don't have anything for you but I grabbed the packages and they were for me. *sigh* My mailman is so dumb.

Lynn ಠ_ಠ BoundlessBoundlessBoundlessBoundlessBoundlessBoundlessBoundlessBoundlessBoundless. It makes me feel better to know someone is anxiously waiting for it lol. :P

Zemira Warner Grrrr! Nooo! *headdesk 3x*

Now what I'm getting more books I can't seem to read them in time. I would like to read Touch of Power but I got books like Ashes,Shadows and now Just One Day. I can't read them all at once. And I'm still reading Mind Games,which is great. Wish everything would just slow down for a couple of days so I can catch up.

Lynn ಠ_ಠ Keep calm and read a book! There's no expiry date on any of those books so just read whatever you like and take it slow. And dump everything else the moment Bouundless arrives. :D

Zemira Warner Haha Boundless is the priority. Hope it doesn't arrive till I finish whatever I'm reading at that moment.

I think I'm going to read Just One Day now.

Lynn ಠ_ಠ I just know Just One Day will be great. I want it so bad. >.<

Next week hopefully Boundless, The Archived and Everbound will arrive.

Zemira Warner So you did win The Archived. :D I know you were talking about it a lot. I want to get Everbound.

Just One Day is amazing. I love it so much.

Lynn ಠ_ಠ I bought it. >.<
In my defense I only bought 3 books in Jan!

You're making me jelly! :P

Zemira Warner I just read this great Unravel Me review and I'm going insane. I want to know what happens in this chapter 62 everyone is talking about. Is it about Warner,my man? Ahhhhhh!!!! Seriously, I want it even more than Boundless and The Indigo Spell combined.

Lynn ಠ_ಠ I'm dying to know what it is too. o___o But I want Boundless more. Boundless > Unravel Me > Indigo :D

Zemira Warner Maybe it's because I didn't read any Boundless reviews so I'm rather calm. But when it gets here I'll scream and jump. :D

People are talking about some shirt scene in The Indigo Spell. Damn them! *shakes fist*

message 18: by Lynn ಠ_ಠ (last edited Jan 31, 2013 11:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn ಠ_ಠ Ahh, I saw Wendy's status update on Indigo. Must train myself to avert eyes when I see Indigo/Boundless/UnravelMe related things. MUSTNOTLOOK.

Btw, I won Graffiti Moon! Can finally read it! :D (though this means I won't have any luck with those January giveaways that just ended)

Zemira Warner Congrats! Did you won Scarlet too?

People are announcing winners and I am not one of them. I guess I'm not getting Everbound after all. :(

Lynn ಠ_ಠ Thank you. Yeah, if the price for Scarlet didn't go up I should be able to get that.

Don't despair, there's still the YA books hop. And today the Printed Books one started.

Zemira Warner I really don't like entering new giveaways. You know,that whole process of verifying if I follow on GFC,linky,FB and other sites. It's boring. But then again,if I don't enter,I won't win anything.

Lynn ಠ_ಠ It's tedious. But yeah, what to do. No enter = no chance.