Carin's Reviews > Something Witchy This Way Comes

Something Witchy This Way Comes by H.P. Mallory

Sep 15, 12

Read in September, 2012

Book 5 Jolie Wilkins Series

With her beginnings in a humble fortunetelling shop to finding out she is a witch, from being crowned queen of the underworld to time travel, with Jolie Wilkins you never know whats going to happen to her next. With her one true love finally at her side, and aren't we glad that is all worked out now and Jolie is finally with Rand (with Sinjin finally back to just friend status). Now as if she can just take care of the Lurkers problem life would be grand.

Once again J.P. Mallory takes us into the crazy, mixed up world of Jolie Wilkins, Ms. Mallory has done a fantastic job creating that world and bringing us into Jolie's life and into her head.
With witches, warlocks, vampires, fairies and even a prophetess it could be easy to get lost and confused but the story is so well wtitten that never happens. Ms. Mallory makes sure that Jolie leads a wild and exciting life where anything can happen and usually does but through it all it is written in a way that you never lose track of the characters of the role they play in Jolie's life. The history, the environment and the back story all work in seamlessly while the story is exciting, funny and always has a element of suspense.

These novels are written as part of a series and while you can read them as stand alone I wouldn't. My reasons are simple I am totally OCD about reading things in order. To me I pick up little things as each story builds on the next and so when I read the next one I am able to understand the context of a situation or a scene.
As I said this is not required just recommended ;0)

ARC copy received from Edelweiss

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Witchy This Way Comes.