Suey's Reviews > The Eye of the World

The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan

Jan 31, 10

Read in January, 2010

Lots and lots of background fantasy history stuff that may bog some down, but even so, I enjoyed getting to know these characters and look forward to seeing where future adventures take them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eye of the World.

01/06/2010 page 220
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carol I have read this whole series and love it! Unfortunately, it is not finished yet, but I think it has 9 or 10 books so far - so you have a long ways to go before you are waiting like me!

Suey Brandon Sanderson, one of my favorite local authors, has been asked by Robert Jordan's wife to finish it. This is the main reason why I'm very curious to read this series. Can't wait!

Carol Has Robert Jordan died? I hadn't heard that.

Carol Are you starting over (or is this your first time thru the series?)before you read the one that just came out or have you already read it?- I finally saw it(The Gathering Storm?) on the library book rental shelf and had to force myself not to bring it home as I'm in the middle of Les Miserables for bookclub at the end of this month and I'm going to be pushing it to finish it because my son is home from college and has 6 weeks until he leaves on his mission and so I'm trying to keep him busy working on different home fixup projects I've been putting off but are going a lot faster now that I've actually got another adult here working on it!

Suey It's my first time with this series. I'd never heard of it until the whole Brandon Sanderson/Gathering Storm thing came up. Good luck with the next six weeks! I can tell you right now, it's going to be crazy! :) Oh, and I hope you are liking Les Mis. My daughter just read it for school and said, "That was way better than I thought it would be." Then I got to say, "I told you so!"

message 6: by Carol (last edited Jan 11, 2010 01:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carol Carol wrote: "Are you starting over (or is this your first time thru the series?)before you read the one that just came out or have you already read it?- I finally saw it(The Gathering Storm?) on the library boo..."

I am loving Les Mis - this is my third time reading it and I had forgotten how great it is!