Liz's Reviews > Kiss the Dead

Sep 15, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: chick-books, steamy
Read in September, 2012

Gah! I'm sorry I picked this up. My masochistic streak must be in overdrive.

My complaints:
When a book series has gone on so long that 2/3 of the book is spent rehashing the entire cast (at times ad nauseum), everyone's sleeping arrangements and sexual partners (although at this point it's a safe bet that 99% of the characters are sleeping with Anita), and what flavor of were-animal everyone is, the actual storyline gets lost. It was about 200 pages longer than it needed to be, and even though I've read all the books, I felt like I needed a diagram to keep everyone straight. Even the sex in this book was non-redeeming, as it was quick, not arousing, and felt like it had been thrown into the book because it was expected of her. I think my biggest complaint was that the scattered plot was neatly wrapped up in the last 30 pages with nary a hair on anyone's head being touched. Kill someone off already. I'd read another Blake book just to find out of it losing one of her "sweeties" will kill her - Now THAT would be entertaining and edge-of-my-seat excitement. And on that note, if I have to hear anyone referred to as sweetie again I'm going to poke my eye out. Ms. Hamilton would be wise to invest in a thesaurus, or at least hire another editor who will point out that she is obviously overusing certain words.

I'm simply thoroughly tired of this series. I think at this point I'm parting ways with Ms. Blake and her harem of men, not because I'm offended (I mean, seriously, I've stuck with it this long so I can't be shocked), but because menage sex and poly-amorous relationships should NEVER be boring, and this has gotten boring for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss the Dead.