April's Reviews > Magic Gone Wild

Magic Gone Wild by Judi Fennell

Sep 15, 2012

Read in September, 2012

review to be posted on Mindingspot.blogspot.com shortly

Zane Harrison goes back to his hometown to sell his childhood home. He is more than ready to unload the home that has kept the rumors about his eccentric family continuing. He gets a lot more than he bargained for when he finds a genie in the attic and finds out that she is the reason for all of the rumors. Because Vana , short for Nirvana, isn't exactly in control of her magic and has caused quite a bit of chaos in her time, especially when she was Zane's grandfather Peter's genie. With the nosey neighbors snooping around and Zane's childhood bully trying to ruin his life he really can't afford to have all this awry magic around. Now more anxious to sell the house than ever can Vana change Zane's mind about the selling the house and show him what he has truly been missing?

The story takes a really fun turn when the only time Vana can seem to manage her magic properly is when Zane kisses her. The mutual attraction and nosey neighbors make for some really funny moments and the sexual tension is delicious and keeps you turning the pages to find out what is going to happen next. I loved that it reminded me a lot of one of my all time favorite shows "I dream of Jeannie" except a lot hotter. There were some really steamy scenes that made this book the perfect mix between comedy and romance with a little bit of paranormal swirled in.

Although this is the third book in the series it can definitely be read alone. In fact I have not read the first two books and I really enjoyed this one. I definitely think fans of I dream of Jeannie and readers of paranormal romance or romantic comedies will enjoy Magic Gone Wild.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Gone Wild.