Gaele's Reviews > Derailed

Derailed by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Sep 15, 12

bookshelves: fmb-tour, review-reads
Read in September, 2012

I received an ARC review copy of this book from the author for purpose of honest review. I was not compensated for this review, and all conclusions are my own responsibility.

This is my second encounter with this author, and I will admit that I have that first book in my TBR pile – for those down time moments. Sadly, those don’t come frequently enough.

This book is a contemporary romance that focuses on healing, guilt and finding a new direction that brings happiness in your life. Molly has just packed it all in when she walked out of one of her final classes in her first year of law school, packed her car and headed from Boston back to her home in North Carolina. What is revealed is the depth of guilt that Molly carries, and just how this guilt has stagnated and haunted her, even when she moved for relief.

Coming home is always a ‘mixed’ blessing of being in the familiar, while running the risk of always being seen as the child you were. Through a best friend who won’t let her retreat, and discovering her true feelings for an old love: we see Molly grow and learn to find her new path when she had shattered the bricks of the path she was on. Well written with characters that are tangible and fully dimensional, the author has a knack for writing a scene that draws you in and helps you to care to know what happens next. This novel gave me that “fly on the wall” feeling, and is my impetus to gather more of this author’s work to read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Derailed.