Stacy's Reviews > The Devil and Miss Prym

The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho

Jan 10, 09

Read in January, 2009

Life is a constant battle between good and evil. This is how Paulo Coelho prefrences his story of the devil's temptation of a small town in Europe. Can one ever triumph over the other? Are people inheriently good or evil? Or is it our experiences that make us so?

The story was very engaging and really made me think about how it relates to today's society. I was really struck by the sermon given by the priest to the townspeople. Good and Evil coexsist. One cannot exist without the other.

I thought about how many people today are struggling to make ends meet and dealing with the downturn in the economy. But as a result, it has brought families closer together and really focus on what is important in life. So there really has been some good as a result of the economic crisis.

Maybe I am just optimistic at heart, but there really is a silver lining to the bad experiences of our lives. And I think this book proves it.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil and Miss Prym.