bookczuk's Reviews > Deadly Decisions

Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs

I always like Reichs's books because she goes between North Carolina and Montreal-- two places I know well and can visualize as I read. The characters have become old friends, though I sometimes get squeamish when things get grizzly in the crime department (though the forensics doesn't bother me.)

The whole motorcycle thing is totally unfamiliar to me. I like fiction that teaches me something.

Will release today when I go for my dentist appointment.

From the Publisher

Nine-year-old Emily Anne Toussaint is shot dead on a Montreal street. A North Carolina teenager disappears from her home and parts of what may be her skeleton are found hundreds of miles away. For Dr. Temperance Brennan, a forensic anthropologist in both Montreal and North Carolina, the deaths kindle deep emotions that propel her on a harrowing journey into the world of outlaw motorcycle gangs.

As a scientist, Tempe should remain dispassionate. As a caring individual, she yearns to take the killers off the streets. Emily Anne was cut down in a biker crossfire. The North Carolina victim, Savannah Osprey, was last seen hitching a ride with a transient biker. Tempe's nephew, Kit, is intrigued by motorcycles. Does he understand the difference between legitimate riders and gangs, or is he too mesmerized to comprehend that outlaw bikers are big trouble?

With her boss Pierre LaManche in the hospital, and her friend Andrew Ryan disturbingly unavailable, Tempe begins a perilous investigation into a culture where evil often wears a mask. From blood-splatter patterns and ground-penetrating radar to bone-sample analysis, Deadly Decisions triumphantly combines the authenticity of a world-class forensic professional with the narrative power of a brilliant new crime-writing star. This richly nuanced thriller is sure to catapult a uniquely gifted author to even greater heights.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Decisions.