Monica's Reviews > Demon Hunting in the Deep South

Demon Hunting in the Deep South by Lexi George

Oct 05, 12

liked it
Read from September 15 to October 05, 2012

I`ve got this book from Lexi George in exchange for a honestly review. Demon hunting in the deep south was a book kinda okay. It wasn`t the best, but not awful. It vas just OK. Evie Douglas is the main character in "DEmon hunting in the deep south". She`s a beautiful women, with long red hair, and beautiful body. She lives in Hannah. All her familiy died, so the only persons with who she's speaking and spend time are Addy, her energic, brave and funny BFF and her familiy. Right now, Evie's heart is broken. She doesn't know why, but she's sad. She feels a big goal in her soul. One day, she find Meredith, at job, she find her dead.
Meredith is the bad character in the hole story. Even if she is dead, as ghost she`s soooo evil! Meredith accuse, before dying, Evie of having an affair with Trey, her husband. Always bulled by Mer, Evie tried to stay under radar and keep away from troubles.
Okay, so now, that she's found dead in Evie's office, everione accuse Evangeline to be the killer. More, the murder weapon is found in Evie's car, so the proves are obvious. The history is changing when Ansgar - beautiful, a super- demon - hunter re-appears. Evie seems to be (from the first view) in love with him. BUt again, the story don't finish right now! It's more complicated.
The strange feeling, like they've had met before hunt Evie, and she finds out that she has been Ansgar girlfriend a few monts ago, before she's been changed in a Demon HUnter, before she coudn't see the fairies, before everything changed. The point is that she falls - again - in love for Ansgar. EVIE'S nervous. She is accused for murder, and go for 1 day to jail, but her caution is payed. Guess from who? Trey! More, Evie found ut that Meredith, as ghost, still hunt her, but she can't hurt EVie. Maybe just with worlds. From now the real story can begin. This was just the plot. If you continue reading, you'll find out a new word. I enjoyed that a lot.
Lexy knows how to make people to be scared, or iin love, or happy,during this book. I loved that a lot. More and more, I didn't enjoyed at all that the part of story - with the murder and the research for the real killer - is kinda abandoned, and it's speaking a lot about EVie and Ansgar realtionship. When "Mullet woman" aka Nicole appears, I begun being soooo bored. WIth her cheepy dog, she didn't realised just to bore me. It was, in my opinion, a wrong character. Again, the scenes with Nicole dissapointed me. I don't know why "Mullet woman" is present in such a beautiful story.

If I have to rate this book, I'l give a 3 by 5. It wasn't the best, honestly. At the beginning, the description and the action were perfectly placed, but around page 250 it was more boring then beautiful. Evie find hersef ougly, she don't trust in her powers. Again, I didn't found true love between Ansgar and EVangeline. It was something OK, but not the most honest and the one that will broke your heart of happiness. Lenora, by the way, is a gorgeous and a super character! She's the girlfriend of Addy's brother, and she's funny, lovely and beautiful, and solidare. Loved her.

All toghether, it was a funny story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Hunting in the Deep South.

09/24/2012 page 24
7.0% "It's quite good. Right now i don't know wat so say."
10/02/2012 page 287
85.0% "It's kinda ok. It's not the best book i've ever read, but she's not the awful. It's ok. Some pages are boooring, but other are full of love, energy, suspence, and i loved them. There are surprisez, and more you'll se in my review."
10/04/2012 page 322
95.0% "Right now booooring. Evie's going to jail or not? Go on, tell me!"
show 26 hidden updates…