Susan's Reviews > Bitten

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

Elena Michaels is a successful journalist living in Toronto. To the outside world (including her nice "normal" live-in boyfriend Phillip,) Elena is an attractive, athletic young woman, but she has a secret - Elena is the only living female werewolf. After leaving her pack a year ago to pursue a "normal" future for herself - decent man, career, family - Elena is called back to help hunt some werewolves that are endangering the safety of the pack.

Bitten is a well-written piece of paranormal-romance goodness! Dark and delicious, the story and history of the pack made for compelling reading that was difficult to put down. Full of action and drama, the relationships between the pack members were complicated and emotionally truthful. The characters in Bitten were fantastic. Kelley Armstrong wrote a wonderfully realistic female character in Elena - complex, witty, and strong enough to stand toe-to-toe with the big-baddies. I also loved the sense of family that I felt when reading about the pack. The members of the pack were incredibly supportive of one another and protective.

Bitten was a pleasant surprise for me. When starting a new series you just never know what you're going to get, but Bitten was a remarkable debut novel for Kelley Armstrong. I read a lot of books in this particular genre and I was awed by Armstrong's originality. I am anxious to get my hands on the next book in the series, Stolen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitten.

10/28/2009 page 55