Paris's Reviews > Kept

Kept by Shawntelle Madison

Like the first book in the series, Kept is filled with awesomeness. It’s funny and heartbreaking and heartwarming and action-packed. The characters are well developed and interesting even down to the clichéd mean girl. Shawntelle Madison has quickly jumped on to my must read author list. I’m actually bummed that there are only two books of hers to read so far, but I can’t wait to purchase them for my collection. This is most definitely a series I can read over and over.

Natalya is exactly what I love to see in a main character. She’s flawed, yet strong and after everything that happened in Coveted she has grown instead of remaining stagnant. I absolutely hate when characters don’t learn from the events in their lives. In this book she no longer whines about her circumstances. Sure she might complain, but she looks her circumstances in the eye and faces them head on. She stands up for things even though she knows that she is weaker than those around her.

I am glad that we got to see storylines wrapped up in the end of this book, including the love triangle between Nat, Nick and Thorn. And even though it seems like the next book in the series (if we’re lucky enough to get one) will likely not feature Natalya as the main character, I know that the book will be amazing. I will not be disappointed because I know that whichever character Shawntelle picks to headline the book will be strong enough and dysfunctional enough to make me care about what happens to them…especially if it’s Aggie, or Abby or even Nick.

ARC provided by Netgalley.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kept.