Jennifer Garcia's Reviews > All This Talk of Love

All This Talk of Love by Christopher Castellani

Dec 29, 12

bookshelves: arc
Read in December, 2012

I chose this book because of the Italian/Italian-American family dynamic. Being Italian-American myself I love to read books like this, and this one did not disappoint.

Castellani took an Italian family and used real life and sensitive subjects to stir up their family. And like any typical family: some loved too much, others not enough, some thought they weren't loved at all, and another was the what she thought the conductor that kept the family glued together. In the end, nothing was at it seemed and they all grew, but it took so much tragedy. Tragedy that happened thirty years ago, tragedy that began to service later, and another tragedy that stirred up their dynamic. They overcame it as best they could and what could not be fixed they all dealt with it in their own way. Nothing in life is roses and we must take the hand dealt to us and play it the best way we can.

It was the sense of family, longing, and dealing with crises that kept me interest, but what really had me was how in touch to the characters Castellani made me. We got to hear from all of the main family: the two children and the parents. We got to see inside the lives of the grandchildren, secretly, through the eyes of their mother.

The story was sad but so incredibly touching. I truly enjoyed it. I'm so glad I was able to read this.

After reading I was able to see how the cover is completely perfect for the book. It just all came together so well!!

Thank you NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

To see this and more reviews please go to my blog Italian Brat's Obsessions

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All This Talk of Love.